I feel like the astronomy section of free books has been a bit overlooked. To fix that, here are 5 new free eBooks on astronomy, cosmology and astrophysics. “The Beginning and the End” is a great book discussing the philosophical views and scientific theories related to the beginning and the end of the universe. The book contains 3 interesting chapters on astrobiology, cosmology and astrophysics. The second book in the list, “Advances in Modern Cosmology”, is a short textbook discussing both theoretical and experimental techniques in modern cosmology. For those interested in lecture notes, the third entry in the list offers a short and nicely illustrated introduction to astronomy and astrophysics. Finally, the two last eBooks offer great info about the Sun. The book by NASA, in particular, has breath-taking illustrations and a lot of useful information.
- “The Beginning and the End” by Clement Vidal
- “Advances in Modern Cosmology” edited by Adnan Ghribi
- “Lectures on Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology” by Luis A. Anchordoqui
- “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Sun” by Jay M. Pasachof
- “Mysteries of the Sun” by NASA’s heliophysics division
Category: Free eBooks